0Shares0000Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says his team were unlucky to lose against Manchester United after playing wellLONDON, United Kingdom, Dec 4- Arsene Wenger wants his Arsenal team to use their loss to Manchester United as motivation for the rest of the campaign.The Gunners produced some fine attacking play during a Saturday night thriller but were undone by defensive errors and a brilliant display from United goalkeeper David de Gea, eventually losing 3-1. However, Wenger thinks his team can take encouragement from the performance, believing they have shown the brand of football they are capable of producing.“I believe from the game, it has to make us angry and even more determined,” said Wenger.“If I am a player, and I think with what we produced, we have a huge potential, and we lose the game. We cannot accept that.“That’s what you want, the players have produced a quality performance. What makes you angry is that you produce that performance and, in the end, you have nothing to show for it. That’s very difficult to accept.”Sixth-place Tottenham have been ruled out of the title race by boss Mauricio Pochettino but, despite being 15 points behind leaders Manchester City, Wenger does not accept that Arsenal’s challenge is over.“I am not Pochettino, I am Arsene Wenger,” said the Frenchman. “I am here to fight as long as I can.“As long as mathematically it’s possible, you have to fight. You cannot give any other message out.”Although Laurent Koscielny and Shkodran Mustafi made errors which led to United goals in the opening 11 minutes on Saturday, Wenger is refusing to seek scapegoats for the loss.“I am not here to especially blame people,” he added. “I want Arsenal Football Club to win. When the performance is of that quality, we have to be efficient.“We are in this job to be efficient, you know. So I blame first myself. The crowd was outstanding and the team was outstanding.“But, we were not efficient. I cannot deny that. They scored three, we scored one.”–By Sky Sports0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
LOS ANGELES: When the ex-anchorwoman’s suspension ends, she’ll cover Riverside. By Alice Walton CITY NEWS SERVICE The KVEA-TV reporter/anchorwoman suspended over her romantic relationship with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will return to work as a Riverside- Following an investigation by the station, KVEA general manager Manuel Abud was reassigned and news director Al Corral was suspended for two months without pay. Ibra Morales, president of the Telemundo station group, which oversees 16 of the Spanish-language network’s stations, was also reprimanded. The mayor announced June 8 that he and his wife, Corina, were separating after more than 20 years of marriage. She filed for divorce four days later. Salinas had covered politics for KVEA, including stories on Villaraigosa’s effort to gain control over the Los Angeles Unified School District. She also covered Villaraigosa when he traveled to New York City in March 2006 and Sacramento three months later. At the end of last year, station managers agreed to reassign Salinas so her job would not involve stories about Villaraigosa, citing “a friendship that had developed between the reporter and the mayor,” according to a memo Telemundo President Don Browne sent to the station’s staff last month. In April, Salinas became a temporary news anchor and read lead-ins and other materials involving stories on Villaraigosa and politics. On June 8 and June 11, Salinas read stories about Villaraigosa’s separation in what Browne called “a flagrant violation of these guidelines.”160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! based general assignment reporter, a station official confirmed Monday. Executives at the station’s parent company, Telemundo, suspended Mirthala Salinas Aug. 2 for two months without pay after determining her relationship with the mayor had violated Channel 52’s ethical standards. When she returns to work next Monday, Salinas will be assigned to the station’s Inland Empire News Bureau, according to KVEA spokesman Victor Franco, who said he could not elaborate on the reasons behind the decision. Villaraigosa spokesman Matt Szabo declined to comment on the announcement. The couple’s relationship was first disclosed by the Daily News in July.