82% Point-of-Sale terminals now operable

first_imgNew Republic Bank systemRepublic Bank (Guyana) Limited has announced that 82 per cent of its point-of-sale terminals are now operable, thus, customers can conduct their transactions.It was also stated that the private institution is working to ensure that consumers are compensated for the inconvenience they would have experienced after a new banking system was launched a few weeks ago.One of the RBL branches“Eighty-two per cent of our point-of-sale terminals are now operable, facilitating customers’ payments at merchants, while we continue to address those outstanding for earliest availability,” the Bank said in a release.According to the banking institution, with improved services at their Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), consumers can make larger withdrawals through an increased transaction limit of $100,000.The introduction of the “swipe card” feature will greatly reduce the need for the completion of vouchers for some withdrawals and deposits.Meanwhile, payrolls received to date have been processed, so that customers can access their salaries on time. The Bank is currently utilising four processing options to ensure that this completed.This announcement comes hours after the central bank vowed to go after the Bank with penalties.Governor of the Bank, Dr Gobind Ganga had stated, “There are a number of persons who have been disappointed as to their conduct when it comes to this new platform they’re trying to put in place. The central bank is also very disappointed. We’ve been in contact with Republic Bank to ensure they have the necessary structure in place but I should tell you they have been very, very slow”.He added that at the last meeting that was held with the Bank’s CEO, Amral Khan, it was conveyed that the Bank was trying its best to rectify the issue.“But that very best is still not what we are accepting. So we are ensuring that they are continuously addressing this issue to make it more acceptable to the public. We are hoping that when this platform is put in place, they’ll be able to compensate the customer some way or the other”.It was pointed out by Finance Minister Winston Jordan that the Bank of Guyana does have the authority to issue circulars reprimanding banks. Dr Ganga also noted that the central bank will be meeting with the Guyana Association of Bankers on Friday to discuss its concerns.The Bank’s Governor noted that when they do move towards sanctions, it’s going to be a substantial one. When asked, however, Dr Ganga shied away from singling out Republic Bank for sanctions.“Republic Bank is forcing us in that direction, not just with their current conduct but future conduct…this will be across the banking system. This is not something for one individual…We are not threatening anybody. We want to put things out in the open. We will say this is what is expected of you, and if you are not going to do what you are required to do, then this will be the penalty”.Since the November 4 transition into a newer system, many persons have complained about the long waiting time to conduct transactions. Shortly after, RBL said the system was displaying some challenges –which would be rectified at the soonest.This came little over a month after the Central Bank of Guyana denied Republic Financial Holdings Limited, the parent company of Republic Bank (Guyana), permission for the purchase/acquisition of the operations of Scotiabank in Guyana.last_img read more

TERMON STAND IN THE WAY AS NAOMH CONAILL LOOK FOR THIRD DONEGAL SFC TITLE

first_imgGAA: Naomh Conaill are red hot favourites against Termon this weekend as they continue their quest for a third Donegal SFC title.Martin Regan’s side arguably produced the performance of the championship so far with a superb display against St Eunan’s in O’Donnell Park in the group stages. They ran out TEN point winners and left the reigning holders shell-shocked on their own patch.It sent out a real message of intent to the rest of the county and proved that Naomh Conaill are genuine contenders for the title.Considering their success at underage level many feel Naomh Conaill have underachieved at senior level.Since their maiden win in 2005 – they’ve only captured one Donegal SFC title and that came in 2010. However, they did lose finals in 2009 and 2012 to St Eunan’s respectively.Their ruthless and clinical performance against St Eunan’s in the group stages suggest that Regan’s side are well placed to win a third Donegal SFC title.With Leo McLoone, Dermot Molloy, Anthony Thompson, Leon Thompson, Daragh Gallagher and Brendan McDyer within their squad it’s easy to see why they’re many people’s favourites to win the Donegal SFC.Termon squeezed through to the last eight on points scored and know they face a daunting challenge on Saturday evening.They have an experienced side and possess genuine quality in attack in the form of Christy Connaghan and Daire McDaid.However, while Termon will make it difficult for Naomh Conaill they should have far too quality at their disposal for the Burn Road men. Verdict – NAOMH CONAILLTERMON STAND IN THE WAY AS NAOMH CONAILL LOOK FOR THIRD DONEGAL SFC TITLE was last modified: September 9th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal SFCGAAnewsSportlast_img read more