zoom Norwegian ship-owner Ocean Yield ASA has taken delivery of Navig8 Tourmaline, a 49,000 dwt IMO II chemical tanker, from South Korean shipbuilder STX. After being delivered from the shipyard, the vessel commenced a 15-year “hell and high water” bareboat charter to Navig8 Chemical Tankers, entering the Chronos8 Pool.The Navig8 Tourmaline is the seventh vessel delivered in a series of eight chemical tankers that will be chartered to Navig8 Chemical Tankers.In 2015, Ocean Yield ASA entered the tanker market buying eight newbuilding chemical tanker resales for a total consideration of USD 306.8 million.The first four vessels, all of them being the 37,000 dwt IMO II chemical tankers built by Korean Hyundai Mipo Dockyard (HMD), were delivered in Q2 and Q3 2015.The remaining four vessels, being 49,000 dwt IMO II chemical tankers built by STX Korea, were scheduled for delivery in Q1-Q3 2016. The first two tankers, Navig8 Turquoise and Navig8 Topaz, joined the company’s fleet in April and July 2016, respectively.
OTTAWA — The federal government intends to save the international heritage status of Canada’s largest national park by increasing staffing, better monitoring the tailings from the oil sands, and artificially recreating spring flooding to rejuvenate the park’s waterways.Today’s plan comes nearly two years after the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization warned Wood Buffalo National Park was at risk of being declared in danger as a world-heritage site because it wasn’t being properly managed.That warning was the result of complaints made to the United Nations by the Mikisew Cree First Nation, which believes climate change, hydro dams and the oil sands are having catastrophic effects on the park’s ecosystem.Mikisew spokeswoman Melody Lepine says the biggest question mark over the park’s future is whether the government will put the resources in to save it.Last year’s federal budget included a $1.3-billion, five-year investment in national parks, and in July, $27.5 million of that was earmarked for Wood Buffalo.Wood Buffalo National Park covers 45,000 square kilometres of forests, wetlands and grasslands that straddles the border of Alberta and the Northwest Territories and is home to the largest free roaming wood-bison herd, the last breeding ground for whooping cranes and one of the largest inland river deltas in the world.The Canadian Press
CALGARY – Negotiations on commercial deals to improve reliability at the problem-plagued Syncrude oilsands mine and upgrader need to “make sense for all parties,” the CEO of its second-largest owner said on a conference call Friday.Rich Kruger of Imperial Oil Ltd., which owns 25 per cent of the four-decades-old project in northern Alberta, said his company is co-operating in discussions to find ways to improve Syncrude performance, especially after a power outage in June shut down the 350,000-barrel-per-day project.On Thursday, Steve Williams, CEO of majority owner Suncor Energy Inc., said other partners in Syncrude don’t have a “sense of urgency or support” to negotiate a commercial deal, noting there’s a proposal to build pipelines to connect Syncrude with the nearby Suncor Base Plant to allow greater integration of production operations.Imperial is “focused like a laser” on changes to the corporate structure at Syncrude to make it more efficient, Kruger said on the call to discuss second-quarter results, without referring specifically to Williams’ remarks.He said Imperial and its American parent company, ExxonMobil, have 120 people seconded to Syncrude under their management services contract and there is already co-operation with Suncor on regional logistics and warehousing.“Now we’re looking at … are there commercial arrangements that can be constructed that can help on both sides of the fence and I think, like all commercial arrangements, they need to make sense for all parties in the deal,” he said.“And we are working on a belief there are commercial enhancements that can be achieved here at Syncrude. If it can enhance value at Syncrude, we are 100 per cent behind it.”The Syncrude upgrader has been partially repaired since the June incident but isn’t expected to return to full operation until September.The Syncrude consortium also includes subsidiaries of Chinese companies Sinopec and CNOOC. Suncor’s share in Syncrude has grown from about 12 per cent to the current 58.74 per cent over the past three years through the purchase of Canadian Oil Sands Ltd. and minor stakes owned by Mitsubishi Corp. and Murphy Oil.Imperial reported a profit of $196 million or 24 cents per share in the three months ended June 30, beating the year-earlier loss of $77 million or nine cents, but falling short of analysts estimates of $495 million or 53 cents per share according to Thomson Reuters Eikon.Total revenue was $9.5 billion, up about $2.5 billion from a year earlier, and ahead of estimates of $8.8 billion.The results were rated “negative” by analyst Nick Lupick of AltaCorp Capital due to a material miss on cash flow linked to the higher-than-expected impact of planned maintenance.Imperial is poised to improve its performance in the second half of the year after completing its major maintenance programs, notably at its Edmonton-area Strathcona Refinery, and the disappointing performance of Syncrude in the quarter, Kruger said.The Calgary-based company will update its plans for its proposed two-phase, 150,000-barrel-per-day Aspen project, which will use solvent and steam to produce bitumen from wells, at its investor day in October or November, Kruger said.He repeated criticism of the length of time it has taken the Alberta Energy Regulator to produce a decision for the $2.5-billion-per-phase project, noting an application was first submitted in 2013 and the regulator ruled its environmental impact assessment was complete in 2016.AER spokeswoman Cassie Naas said the review period was prolonged due to changes to the application and First Nation consultation adequacy requirements, adding a hearing is expected to be called by commissioners who are reviewing application materials and statements of concern.Several different applications have been submitted at different times since December 2013 with the most recent, for Public Lands Act approvals, submitted in May 2017, she said.Follow @HealingSlowly on Twitter.Companies in this story: (TSX:IMO, TSX:SU)
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Burger King, Energetic Services and Moose FM present a Community Christmas Light Tour December 17 and 18, 2018.Book your seating starting at 10 a.m. December 5 online at www.energetictickets.ca or in person at Systems Sound Source on 100 ST. The bus will tour around the community and look at all the decorated homes.The tour will leave at 7 p.m. each night from Burger King and the Gateway Plaza. When you book your seat, the ticket includes dinner at Burger King.Use your ticket that will be emailed to you this week and redeem it for dinner.You’ll get to choose from the following options:A Whopper ComboOriginal Chicken ComboOr a Kids MealTickets are $15 for adults, $10 for youth (three to 12) and children under three are free, but must sit on a parents lap due to available space on the bus. A family four-pack (two adult tickets and two youth tickets) of tickets will be available for only $45. Seating is limited to the first 50 people a night who book their tickets.
The current federal government has at least accomplished one thing, she said.“There was decades of factors that were at play which led to the instability that jeopardized that project. We did get the federal government to buy the pipeline. That’s not nothing. There is a vested interest they have now in getting this darn thing built.” “Albertans still need the federal government to step up and support the industry while we are trying to get through this ridiculousness of having not enough capacity to get our oil and gas to market,” Notley said.“We’ve talked about that. We’ve talked about rail. We’ve talked about other interim programs that could come into place, and we’re disappointed we’ve not heard anything from the federal government yet.”Notley announced late last year that her government will buy rail cars to transport an additional 120,000 barrels a day, which would increase the amount of oil being moved by rail in Canada by one- third.Discussions about a purchase agreement are ongoing, she said.She was asked whether the current Liberal government should receive another mandate from voters in a federal election expected later this year.“The facts of the matter is that the previous government, which happened to be from a different political party, also didn’t get it done,” she said. “Quite honestly, the considerations that have led to the ridiculousness that Albertans are so frustrated with right now … has been in the making for decades.”The federal government bought Trans Mountain and its expansion project for $4.5 billion last summer only to have the Federal Court of Appeal strike down the energy board’s approval. The court said there had been inadequate Indigenous consultation and failure to consider impacts on the marine environment.The board’s final report needs to be submitted to the federal cabinet by Feb. 22.Notley said partisanship should have nothing to do with support for the resource sector, which is an economic engine for the rest of Canada. CALGARY, A.B. – Premier Rachel Notley expressed frustration again Monday about a lack of progress in completing the Trans Mountain pipeline.Notley’s comments came after a federal cabinet shuffle that left Natural Resources Minister Amarjeet Sohi in his portfolio.She said that’s probably a good thing as removing Sohi before the outcome of a court-ordered Indigenous consultation by the National Engery Board would be likely to cause even further delay.
NEW DELHI: AAP’s choice of the candidate for West Delhi is yet to surface as the resignation of Lok Sabha prabhari Rajpal Solanki made the situation tough for the party at the ground, party sources said. The sources also confirmed that this is the only constituency where the party has not started much work yet.Talking to the Millennium Post, AAP Delhi convenor Gopal Rai said, “We have started our work everywhere but as the selected LS prabhari from West could not finish his work for health reasons, so there is some little issue we are working on it.” He explained that the party has already shortlisted a number of names from the political field and also outside but the decision would be taken later. “We are the first party to announce the candidates in other seats whereas the BJP and Congress could not announce any. This shows how prepared we are,” said Gopal Rai. The party also maintained that none of the sitting MLAs or any minister will not get a ticket. Also Read – Bangla Sahib Gurudwara bans use of all types of plastic itemsEarlier, some parts of the constituency were included in Outer Delhi constituency and some parts were included in the erstwhile South Delhi constituency. Outer Delhi was string base of the Congress however the West Delhi witnessed one Congress MP and then a BJP MP from the constituency. The areas which come under this constituency are as follows Madipur, Rajouri Garden, Hari Nagar, Tilak Nagar, Vikaspuri, Janakpuri, Uttam Nagar, Dwarka, Matiala, Najafgarh. Earlier, just after four days of the announcement of his name Solanki resigned citing health issues. Solanki was not a well-known name within the party and a few eyebrows had been raised when he was declared the prabhari for the seat. According to the party, Solanki was on the board of hospitals and schools in Dwarka.
Kolkata: Lok Sabha candidates in West Bengal’s Birbhum district are seeking to exploit all modes of transport to attract attention. While one candidate chose bullock cart, another decided to drive an e-rickshaw. Actor-turned-politician Satabdi Roy, seeking to retain the Birbhum Lok Sabha seat she had won for the Trinamool Congress in 2009 and 2014, was seen riding an e-rickshaw all by herself while campaigning in villages of the Rampurhaat locality. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari Puja Roy, clad in a pink saree and donning sunglasses, also participated in a tribal dance with the women folk of the locality. Not to be outdone, her Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rival Dudh Kumar Mondal rode a bullock cart to interact with the people of another Panchayat area. The Birbhum constituency will go to polls on April 29 in the fourth of the seven-phased Lok Sabha election in the state.
New Delhi: A group of 4 woman in their mid twenties are active in South East Delhi region which are striking at potential customers at various banks. They choose their target and slowly surround him pretending to be customers themselves.To avoid any suspicion they also carry a baby in their arms which distracts the attention of the target who has no idea that the other three are blocking the view of the others in the bank while one of them is slowly cutting the money bag with a sharp blade and stealing the money the target has brought to deposit in the bank. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderThe case came to light when Amin Akhter in his mid 60s went to Indian bank in Jamia to deposit 30 thousand rupees in cash in the afternoon. Within moments he was targeted by a group of 4 women in their mid 20s. “First two woman surrounded me followed by two more. One of them aslo carried a baby i their arms. I thought tehy are also customers of the bank. I had no idea that they are thieves and are piercing the bag in which i carried money. My jute handbag had two sharp cuts and all the money was taken,” Akhter said. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsAkhter, retired from Jamia Milia islamia university the approachd the Jamia Nagar Police station. A police team tehn visited the Indian bank and collected the CCTV footage in which a group of 4 women were seen surrounding Akhter. “The group of women were well dressed and no one could suspect them that they are thieves carrying blades to cut open the money bag or purse. Since one doesn’t suspect and think their standing close as mere coincidence they easily rob the money. The bank should also keep a check who enters the bank,” Amin Akhter said. Police has formed teams to identify the accused women. CCTV footage is being examined and cops are checking if the group of women identities with any gang with the similar modus operandi. Some sophisticated groups of thieves do target customers in various banks and dupe the of their money either by offering some help of simply cutting open the money bag.
Tokyo: Crisis-hit Japanese car company Nissan on Tuesday unveiled net profits at a near-decade low as it battles to recover after the shock arrest of its talismanic former boss Carlos Ghosn. Net profits for the fiscal year to March 2019 came in at 319 billion yen ($2.9 billion), the lowest since 2009/10 when the company was struggling in the wake of the global financial crisis. It was a decline of 57 per cent compared to the previous fiscal year and the profit outlook for the current fiscal year was forecast to be even worse — at 170 billion yen. Also Read – Commercial vehicle sales to remain subdued in current fiscal: Icra”The performance is a challenging one and we want to change this,” Chief Executive Officer Hiroto Saikawa told reporters. Tuesday’s figures represented a “rock bottom” for the company, he said, adding: “Please give us time to recover.” The firm has been crippled by the reputational damage caused by the legal woes of former chairman Ghosn, who faces four formal charges of financial misconduct that he denies. “There are many negative legacies inherited from the previous management,” said Saikawa.
One big letdown against the San Jose Sharks snapped the Columbus Blue Jackets’ three-game winning streak. After scoring two power-play goals for an early 2-0 lead, Columbus surrendered three unanswered goals to the Sharks. A third-period tally from left winger Patrick Marleau put San Jose ahead, 3-2, and goalie Antti Niemi shut the Jackets out the rest of the game Wednesday night at Nationwide Arena. The Blue Jackets imposed themselves on San Jose from the opening faceoff. Besides winning physical battles on both offense and defense, the Jackets took advantage of their first two power plays of the game. Niemi kept his team in the game throughout the opening period, turning away 14 shots. At 9:35 into the game, he got a leg pad to Blue Jackets left winger Kristian Huselius’ slap shot, despite a screen from left winger R.J. Umberger. Niemi’s pad wasn’t enough, though, and the shot trickled through his legs. Huselius’ 12th goal of the year gave the Blue Jackets an early 1-0 lead. Columbus continued to win physical battles during its second power play before defenseman Grant Clitsome skated up from the blue line to slap a shot into the upper left-hand corner of the net. Niemi only managed to turn his head in time to see Clitsome’s third goal of the year put the Sharks in a 2-0 hole at the 19:51 mark. But the Sharks pushed back, literally and figuratively, in the second period. There was increased physicality from all members of the San Jose team, and their scoring push came from unlikely players. Less than two minutes into the second period, defenseman Kent Huskins cut the Sharks’ deficit in half with his first goal of the year. Sharks center Kyle Wellwood provided his second goal of the year to even the score at 2-2, 12 minutes later. Columbus defenseman Marc Methot thought the goals were more a product of a Columbus letdown than a San Jose revival. “We did it to ourselves that period,” Methot said. “We let off the gas.” An uneventful third period turned unfortunate for Columbus when right winger Derek Dorsett collapsed after getting his leg caught on the ice. Dorsett stayed down for several minutes but managed to skate to the bench without assistance. The Sharks intensified their attack when play resumed, and eventually one of their known scoring commodities provided the game-winning goal. Columbus goalie Steve Mason, who saved 29 shots total, stood tall for much of the third period. Mason was tight up against the left post of his goal when a wrist shot from the point snuck passed him and several bodies in front of the net. The goal was credited to Marleau. Columbus coach Scott Arniel was skeptical of the Sharks’ third goal. “It just got in on the short side,” Arniel said. “(Mason) was playing a heck of a hockey game. If it goes on the short side, one way or another, he’s gotta seal that.” Marleau’s 20th goal of the year for the Sharks was met with more impressive goaltending from Niemi, who made 16 of his game-high 42 saves in the third period to help the Sharks hang on for a 3-2 victory. Arniel was mostly positive about Columbus’ effort in recent games, but questioned the mental toughness of his players. “The guys, you could tell, were a little tired at times,” Arniel said. “We gave ourselves a chance to win the game. It’s real disappointing. We felt we were good for stretches.” Blue Jackets captain Rick Nash summed up the loss to San Jose in just a few sentences. “It’s a tough one tonight,” Nash said. “We had a great first and then sat back and lost on a tough goal. We shot ourselves in the foot and threw away two points.” With the loss, Columbus remains four points behind the Calgary Flames for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. San Jose moves into the top spot in the Western Conference’s Pacific Division and third place in the conference overall with the win. The Blue Jackets return to action with a 7 p.m. faceoff Friday against the Colorado Avalanche at Nationwide Arena.